Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Mom's HEART

How does one explain a mom's heart for her children? It's hard to put it into words. You would do anything for your children – you want so badly for them to succeed in life.  What is success? I think that varies among people. Many look at success from a financial perspective; I wouldn't. It depends on where your starting point is with your child.

If your child was always at the head of the class and always had friends & didn't have any issues or problems in life, your idea of success for them might be a dream job, making good money, maybe getting married to the perfect mate and having wonderful children who didn't have any issues or problems.

But what happens when that is not the case. What happens when we have a struggling learner? Sometimes we are excited when they receive a “C”. We are super excited when they receive a “B”; we jump up & down & overly celebrate when they get an “A”.

What about those children who have difficulties making friends? We want so badly for them to be able to connect to someone who will be a good friend for them, not just any friend, a life-long, encouraging, positive friend.

What about those with a quirk, a disability – someone who gets looked at differently by society – stared at, laughed at? We want people to look at them through God's eyes and see them as He does; gifted in their own unique way, still created in His image, as we all are.

What about the child who chooses to walk a different path than the one we had dreamed for them? What about the one who chooses to rebel? What about the one who consistently makes bad decisions?

Our hearts break! Why are they breaking? Are they breaking for our child or for us? I think both. We want the best for each child! When they hurt, we hurt with them! But are they hurting in each of these situations? Are we hurting because we are being looked at as a bad parent? Are we worried more about what others think of us? Sometimes it is hard to separate the two.

I recently made a decision that I felt the Lord was encouraging me to do, to stay home with one of my children – to help put a firm foundation under her feet. A foundation where she will hopefully see just how much she is loved by God and by me. I resigned from my full-time job.

Many will think this is a dumb decision in many regards, especially financially.
Many will say you shouldn't have your children as the center of your life. There is a fine line here, I think. No, they are not supposed to rule our lives. God is supposed to be first, and our spouse second and our children after that.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 says, “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” 

That's a lot of time to talk about God's Word. Up until just writing this, I always thought the items listed after "impress them on your children" meant you needed to do them with your children, but that's not really how it reads. It really is talking in general to you, to me - "talk about these commandments when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Basically, have them always on your tongue because what you think about, that is what you do. What you speak comes from the heart - what you are always focusing on is in your heart, so if you focus on the right things, what comes out should do the right things.

So, as we process through life - should we allow those around us dictate how we live? I for one want to live my life for the one who created me.
“For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16

As I was praying through this decision a friend forwarded me the following blog post from someone who attends our church:


I bawled for a while – it was such a confirmation for me that I was doing the right thing to help my daughter process through life, her thoughts, mind, emotions, etc!

Just a reminder for you moms and you dads, God loves you and your child! Pray, look to Him, see what He says! He will comfort you! He will lead, guide and direct our paths. He does provide for our every need!

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" I John 3:1

As I resigned from my job, I'm looking for other ways to make money from home. Norwex is one of those ways – cleaning with water & a cloth! My girls love it & so do I – no more vinegar smelling for them, as they clean!
You may go here to my Kick-off Party
You can also become a consultant for FREE this month and join my team. Contact me with any questions!

In His Wonderful and Amazing Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment