Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Essential Oils

There has been extensive talk on Essential Oils - if you are searching, you will find it. 

I am a researcher and have found much information. 
In doing my research I have decided I want to give Essential Oils more of a try in my family. We have used lavender for a while in cleaning. Mixed with vinegar it is a GREAT disinfectant. 

I have used it on my mom's burn. It worked well. In writing this, it made me realize I have not used in on my 6 yr old's burn - will do tomorrow a.m.

We have used it to calm us, to help the girls sleep. I truly like lavender and all of its many uses. 

There are many natural helps and aids using essential oils and being natural. I like that much better than medications. Supposedly diffusing different oils helps concentration levels, others sleep, etc. I am very excited to try. I was frozen for a while in deciding which company to go with. It's a lot of money initially. I have decided it is time to take the plunge. My youngest has seasonal & environmental threats & gets sick more than the rest of us. I want to be able to help her naturally.

I am going to purchase the full set from Queen Homeschool Supplies and begin to experiment myself. There was an independent test done on many Essential Oils and this one came out on top in this test. This is from their website -  

"We've carried several lines of essential oils over the years, and have gotten very particular. So particular, in fact, that we have begun importing our own single oils from all over the world, wherever quality is grown, and crafting our own blends.
We use ONLY ORGANIC, THERAPEUTIC–GRADE essential oils. Because essential oils are so concentrated, if pesticides are used on the plants, when those plants are used to distill the essential oils from, not only the essential oils would be concentrated, the pesticides would be as well! That's also why we would NEVER use (or sell) aromatherapy–grade oils, flavor oils, or anything else commonly confused with true, pure essential oils." 


Many companies have claimed many things. I am ready to give it a try. Heck, medical companies are willing to try medicines out on people and in many cases it kills them. I really don't like hearing all of the ads on tv for a medicine that will help with one thing but the potential side effects is a 2 page list that goes on and on. 

So here goes the plunge. I will keep you updated! 

I am an affiliate with Queen Homeschool Supply, so if you click on the link from my page and order, I will earn some money.


Update 1/21/16 --
 I said I would keep you updated -- I really enjoy essential oils and how they can help in so many ways! I decided in mid Oct to go with another company that I can sell and earn some money with and share the oils more easily! You can't hold it in when they do such a GREAT job! 

So in doing my extensive research, that I do for everything, the subject of essential oils is quite vast. You can find whatever you are looking for. 

I have now made my own deodorant with clay. My mom chose the essential oil blend we put in. I need to tweak the recipe some as it came out too hard; I still like it & it smells good & works well. Clay helps pull the toxins from your body. And you still want to be able to perspire because that is how your body rids itself of toxins but you don't want it to smell.

We have made clay pendant diffusers so we can wear our oils & smell them during the day, as needed. Still need to tweak that a little, as well, a few have been pulled off. It was a lot of fun, though, we each made our own. Will take photos next time.

We use wool dryer balls from Norwex with lavender on them instead of toxic dryer sheets. 

My youngest daughter uses peppermint, lavender & lemon with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle every morning and night on her wrists, back of neck and temples to help with seasonal & environmental threats. We don't do temples anymore at night because peppermint can burn the eyes and rolling around on a pillow can put the peppermint too close to the eyes.

My oldest uses a citrusy blend, a focus blend, peppermint, a holiday/cinnamon blend - whatever she's in the mood for, one or 2 drops at a time on her pulse points to help concentrate & stay focused during her school  day or as needed. We also diffuse what's needed to help during the day. At night we diffuse a blend that helps support the immune system during this time to help fight seasonal threats.

My favorite to use is peppermint as it helps focus the brain - who can't use a little of that! There's a blend that helps ease the tension and side effects during monthly cycles. 

I really do enjoy using my oils. I gave out roller bottles for Christmas to help with sleep, help clear out sinus passages, occasional stomach discomfort (another of my oldest daughter's favorites, as she can't stand the thought/feeling of getting sick), a pick me up. 

I would love to show you more about how essential oils could help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment